Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > General Discussion Board / Events And Activities > General Discussion-Off-topic Chat

General Discussion-Off-topic Chat a place to shoot the breeze and get to know each other.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
OLD 9
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
OLD 9 is on a distinguished road
Old 9 ???

Here's why I changed from BBC MARK to OLD 9

http://www.67-72chevyboard.com/forum...ead.php?t=2318

Ron ask "Why OLD 9". I've wondered the same thing about most of you. I mean "RAGENRAT", there's gotta be a story there. I'd like to hear yours, hears mine...

Hillcrest High School, Midvale, Utah, 1974
There were about 10 of us "motor-heads" snd one day, I can't remember who said it, somebody call another guys car an old 9 model. From then on, it was a friendly put-down, like "Why you ridin' with Lyman, your old 9 broke?"(My old 9 was a '57 Chevy 2-dr belaire hardtop W/283-PG "High Jackers" and MEATS)

I meant Sherry and still used the term. Now it meant any old diamond in the rough work in progress, from a rat-rod to an old 70s muscle car. And, as we got more into the old 67-72 trucks, thats what it meant. As we're driving along, one of us will spot an old truck (67-72) and say " Hay, check out the old 9"

OK, whats your story?
OLD 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Old 9 ???

LOL, Cool!!

My usernames have very straight forward meanings.
I have used my real name, I have used the truck's name. "Big Boy TOY.." and now it is what the truck is. Just another Bagged "70 C-10"

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Barn Owl
Respected Member

My Mood:
Barn Owl is on a distinguished road

I think there was a thread like this several years ago and I really got a kick out of hearing other peoples stories. I tried to find it but could not remember the exact title.

"Barn Owl" was just a name I came up with because I have always enjoyed going through garage sales or estate sales or even salvage yards and finding long forgotten treasures. The barn part came from the term barn find, of course meaning a long forgotten car/truck saved from the elements in an old mans garage. And the owl part is the part of me that enjoys hunting for it. But it is really just a fun alter ego, my real name is Mike.

Do not let other peoples opinion of you define who you are.

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Ragenrat
Administrator

My Mood:
Ragenrat is on a distinguished road

No real big mystery here.
It all started with my 85 C10
DART BLOCK 638CI 800H.P.
It was RagenRat638 (Ragen=Crazy / Rat=Big Block / 638=Cubic Inch) for years but then I blew up that $20,000 engine.
Then I changed it to just RagenRat
Had you taken a ride in that truck and had the front tires off the ground 8" you would have known what the name was all about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_378586_9_full.jpg (65.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg %2312.jpg (54.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 989_26-med.jpg (65.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 989front_engine_shot-med.jpg (65.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 989_24-med.jpg (64.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 93708.jpg (73.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 378586_7_full.jpg (55.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 989638side_view-med.jpg (61.4 KB, 57 views)

SUPPORT THE BOARD
Ragenrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road

Well, I've gone by Busterwive since Bonnie brought home the first computer and got me signed up. Buster refers to something said by my ex-wife to me and my divorce attorney. She had her demands (which was basically I get everything, you pay for everything....typical divorce stuff). She said, outside the courtroom "I'll tell you one thing Buster...........you're gonna pay, and pay, and pay", kinda weird, cuz she's the one who filed, but..............The Buster part was something I told Bonnie, and she incorporated that into my screenname. Buster.......and my last name is Wivell. She figured if she ever got my e-mail address, she might get a little excited or something.

The other name I've used is AZ Geezer, kinda self-explanatory. We have a checking account for my hobby garage, Geezer's Garage", and caps that read "Geezer's Garage and Cantina"...........someday we'll letter up the Longhorn that way.............
Bill
Az Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
GMCDAC
Respected Member
Posting Expert

GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

I have four GMC's, two have been in the family since the 1970's.
DAC's my initials which I have gone by for many years.

Later---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom bought in 1971 and drove until 2001
1972 GMC C2500 Wife and I bought in 1979 and still drivin it
1955 GMC 2nd 100 driver work in progress
2006 GMC Yukon Denali, my wife's ride
Rest in peace Mom, "Dolly" Crawford, 30 year GMC 4x4 driver!
7-15-23 to 5-18-09
GMCDAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road

So cool! I too wonder where people get their screen names. My Grandpa Hollis's parents (Maternal) migrated from Scotland to Chicago. My grandpa Elmer (Al) and his older brother Gus, were turned out as little boys. The Pacific Garden Mission took them in. My Grandpa hustled for Al Capone. Based in his location in the city, his unique skills, and "acquaintances", plus his personal belongings we discovered after he died, we've no doubt. He was young and wiley and it worked for him. So, Chicago in honor of him, and 5 for my wife, three daughters, and I.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:
pxwolvie is on a distinguished road

Well you guys have really thought your names out some. I have been playing first person shooter games since 97 and had to get myself a email for verification. I kept my screen name from the game, I go as Wolverine, our clan name was ProjectX, my tags were pxwolverine, so the shortened version is pxwolvie. When I open up other accounts, I can always get my name. Here is one of the games I play, it's Team Fortress 2, this one is big fun. I have been playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, talk about a fast pace.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...30/?tab=public
pxwolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road

Good to know, Alex. I always wonder about screen names, but yours in particular.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
OLD 9
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
OLD 9 is on a distinguished road

Just thought I'd revive this thred in case others want to add to it.

Torque - it's a beautiful thing.
OLD 9 is offline   Reply With Quote