Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Tech Board {CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL GROUPS WITH CURRENT THREADS} > Electrical

Old 01-11-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
Woogeroo
Up And Coming Member

My Mood:
Woogeroo is on a distinguished road
Question 1965 Chevrolet C10 fuse block questions

1965 Chevrolet C10 fuse block/panel.

In the circles you can see that two of the metal clips that the glass bulb fuses snap into are missing. They have been gone since before I had the truck.

The current heater blower motor and the radio are on the same circuit, the one with the most wires coming out on the right side... and it blows. I'm guessing the replacement heater motor draws more amps than the one that was in it when I bought it.

Now the simple solution would be to move something to another circuit with less amps being drawn on it, but I'm down on options there.

Now... I'm thinking if I can find some old clips, maybe I can setup a new circuit, snap in a new glass bulb fuse and run some wires and I'm cooking with dynamite.

If that is not feasible, I am thinking of adding a small circuit block for accessories, with a relay to activate it via an ignition hot circuit. They have these at the parts stores, with 4-6 circuits... so turn key to ignition hot, 12V goes to the relay, which turns it on, which activates the juice to the additional accessory fuse block... then I can wire things separately.

I'm thinking I should put the radio and whatever else over there if I do it, leave the heater motor blower on the main panel. Hmmn.

anyway, just thought I'd run it by ya'll.

-W

edit : the top circuit missing a clip is a 12V ignition hot, the bottom circuit missing a clip is 12V always hot circuit
Attached Images
File Type: png fuse panel.png (449.6 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Woogeroo; 01-11-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 Chevrolet C10 fuse block questions

Woog........It's not that tough to put in a new harness in a truck, and you'll be a lot safer.
Az Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:35 AM   #3
Woogeroo
Up And Coming Member

My Mood:
Wink Re: 1965 Chevrolet C10 fuse block questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Geezer View Post
Woog........It's not that tough to put in a new harness in a truck, and you'll be a lot safer.
Yeah... it's been on my to do list, but the heat wave this summer seriously dissuaded me as I have no shop... and then I wrenched my back and I was not working on anything for about 2 months.

I'm really just trying to come up with a safe option that will keep it going til the spring time or so.

Thanks for the reply.

-W
Old 01-12-2017, 06:17 PM   #4
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Does those fuseless connections Not have juice?

If those will not work. Your best bet is to run a Hot wire "directly from Battery" to either a fused other circuit as you were mentioning or run the hot from a switched circuit to a relay that as you said turns hot when juice is turned on at ignition.. This I believe basically what I think you said.. Early morning for me and I'm not quite totally coherent from my night time pills but I hope this helps.

Check out Johnny law motors they have many different circuit system wiring looms at lower than the big named. I bought on for my Mustang and it's top notch with wires color coded and usage of the wire on each wire. The kit name is "Keep it clean"

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”

Last edited by BAGGED70C-10; 01-12-2017 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
Woogeroo
Up And Coming Member

My Mood:

Thanks for the replies folks, this was my wrenchin' adventure for this week :

02/17/2017 – add a fuse block

-W
Old 02-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Great job. That's what I was typing about....

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote