Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Trucks 1947-Current Years > 1973-87 Chevy/GMC > 1982-Current S-10 Chevy/GMC

1982-Current S-10 Chevy/GMC 1982 to current S-10 4x4 & 2WD pick-ups

Old 02-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road
S10 video

I don't have the patience to save up for a real portable DVR. I used my daughters iPod Touch. I feel the quality stinks, but I had my brothers critique them for the purpose of sharing with the board. They didn't think there was enough negatives to remake them.

I plan on securing the iPod better as well as removing the items that rattle the whole time? I also have a mic now. Today I want to make a third video ascending a canyon. Well, check them out. Also, be honest if you think there is too much shake and "swimming" in the picture. It won't hurt my feelings, only help me make a better video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF7oZruCH2k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOl60c-k76k

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
ROYO
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
ROYO is on a distinguished road
Re: S10 video

Looks good to me I like the hood.

Support The Board Here
ROYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Maui
Respected Member

My Mood:
Maui is on a distinguished road

I kept waiting to hear "Breaking The Law" by Judas Priest!!!! LOL!
Pretty good for an iPod imo.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
SierraClassic403
Respected Member

My Mood:
SierraClassic403 is on a distinguished road

Looked good to me except the small screen would not enlarge, my problem, not yours. I need to do an update. The Leverich Canyon video was a better width to view. Wouldn't want to meet another vehicle on that narrow snow covered road. What kind of engine under the hood? It sounds a little different than the stock 4.3 in my Blazer.
SierraClassic403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

On the Leverich Canyon vids', I turned the iPod sideways. To me, nothing replaces a true DVR. The steepness of the road isn't clear in the iPod video, where with a DVR, I think it would show the climb better.

The S10 has a 350. It's tuned pretty good, around 315 hp. It's loud inside, so I thought the video would have a lot more "noise".

It's funny. I was focused on making the vid., not even considering meeting another vehicle!

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Old 02-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
GMCDAC
Respected Member
Posting Expert

GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago5 View Post
On the Leverich Canyon vids', I turned the iPod sideways. To me, nothing replaces a true DVR. The steepness of the road isn't clear in the iPod video, where with a DVR, I think it would show the climb better.

The S10 has a 350. It's tuned pretty good, around 315 hp. It's loud inside, so I thought the video would have a lot more "noise".

It's funny. I was focused on making the vid., not even considering meeting another vehicle!
These videos are fun ride alongs, and I especially enjoyed the Leverich Canyon ride!

I'm going to briefly hijack again. When your Leverich Canyon video ended a bunch of little pictures of more videos come up and for some reason one was a NASCAR 1963 race at Riverside, CA. It just so happens that the guy that won it was Darel Dierenger, the guy that drove our Laguna at Charlotte in 1975 that I posted a pic of in your Midwest racing scene thread. Thanks for that coincidence, Tim!!!

Later---DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom bought in 1971 and drove until 2001
1972 GMC C2500 Wife and I bought in 1979 and still drivin it
1955 GMC 2nd 100 driver work in progress
2006 GMC Yukon Denali, my wife's ride
Rest in peace Mom, "Dolly" Crawford, 30 year GMC 4x4 driver!
7-15-23 to 5-18-09
GMCDAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
Rich 5150 69
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Rich 5150 69 is on a distinguished road

So Tim I`m assumming all the overheat problems solved..?
Rich 5150 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
Maui
Respected Member

My Mood:
Maui is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCDAC View Post
These videos are fun ride alongs, and I especially enjoyed the Leverich Canyon ride!

I'm going to briefly hijack again. When your Leverich Canyon video ended a bunch of little pictures of more videos come up and for some reason one was a NASCAR 1963 race at Riverside, CA. It just so happens that the guy that won it was Darel Dierenger, the guy that drove our Laguna at Charlotte in 1975 that I posted a pic of in your Midwest racing scene thread. Thanks for that coincidence, Tim!!!

Later---DAC
Nice!!!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCDAC View Post
Thanks! The video Mark sent of his '60 GMC was just like taking a ride with him. I thought it would be so cool to "take a ride" in each other's trucks with these DVR's. Glad the link was there. That's cool.

I don't know how to quote to posts. But, yes, Rich, the heating issue seems to be all good. Here is a link to the post where I followed up. I added a second relay. http://www.67-72chevyboard.com/forum...?t=2609&page=6

Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #10
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

I know today's NASCAR drivers are talented. But these guys? They had talent and huge iron kahonies!! Those are massive cars! And the flaggers are standing right there! Crazy how tough those guys were.

Tags
S10 350, S10 video