Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Trucks 1947-Current Years > 1973-87 Chevy/GMC > 1982-Current S-10 Chevy/GMC

1982-Current S-10 Chevy/GMC 1982 to current S-10 4x4 & 2WD pick-ups

Old 04-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #11
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:
pxwolvie is on a distinguished road
Re: 1983 S-10 Durango Longbed Refurb

Alright going back to the first way I was trying to put them in

under the booster is where the pics are hard to see, so I think I will take the wheel well off to get to the cables, I tried to take some pics, you can't see what was made to make it work.

staying with the short style water pump made a big difference as far as room was concerned

the vavle cover had to be notched to get bar to fit that is bent to fit the back of the power steering pump

I thought I heard a leak after looking I found a crack in the header on the top far back tube, well at least its in a easy to get to spot

hey what do know mud daubers

need to replace a few gaskets,valve covers, the intake,and rebuild carb

I'll take a bunch of pics. when rebuilding carb, I got a pretty good kit with all the different rods and spring to make diferent combos per applications that are out there.

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Title change
pxwolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #12
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Here are a few from underneath,so you can see what i'm dealing with

found a pin hole that I need to weld up, so wrapped a piece of sheet metal around it for now

this is passanger side

Drivers side ,ok trying to follow the cable next to frame to the pivot point...

here it comes out from underneath past lower control arm back up to mount tacked to controll arm

here is the plate that holds the lower cable,and adjusts to take out slack in the cable sleeze, this is where I forgot to to write down which
cable this one is, I think it was from 75 Vega clutch cable had to go to
daeler to match what I needed

here is the pivot point, i'm going to get the wheel well off to get better pics of it

just showing how close headers are fitting

back up T-5

Now this one has a story behind, it this was in my father in laws
project car that he planned to do while he was retired, well we all
try to make plans in our lives and *** sometimes has other
plans for us. Well I had the great honor of finishing up the project
i've got pics when we used to live up in Algonquin IL at Larry's
Shop when we started to take it apart trying to get all needed parts before we moved to Mississippi, and our joke was that Larry was
closing the machine shop to be a dirt farmer, this was a man that
at 60 plus was still making road trips to colorado to go dirt biking
with his croney pals. I would like to post the pics. but not sure
where to put them up, I know you would all appreciate the work that was done, it was a 63 Vette thats was his drag car that we were going to convert it to a streetable machine, any ideas guys were I should place them, thanks.
Alex

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Title change/cleaned up
Old 04-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
Sport/Truck
Respected Member

My Mood:
Sport/Truck is on a distinguished road

Your truck look nice, I'd just clean it real good fix the small problems and drive it! Not much to "restore" IMO.

If you can't find a forum for the pictures your describing, they will always fit here http://www.67-72chevyboard.com/forum...splay.php?f=44!
So lets see your pictures!
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, 383 stroker - original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads, 350 Trans all (matching #'s) , SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers w/ trickflow push rods. Spin Tech pro street mufflers with stainless steel 2.5 mandrel pipe with X pipe.

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Title change
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #14
Barn Owl
Respected Member

My Mood:
Barn Owl is on a distinguished road

Did some rework on your lay out to make it easier for the reader to understand your project Looks like a fun project, although the wasps don't look all that fun.
Mike

Do not let other peoples opinion of you define who you are.

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Title change
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
ROYO
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
ROYO is on a distinguished road

Thats a nice looking truck. That has to be a custom set of headers. What is the reason for the water clamp on the drive shaft? Also you can put pipe tape on those intake bolts an stop the oil leak. If valve cover gaskets don't fix it .

Support The Board Here

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Title change
ROYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

It's going to be a nice project.

I think I would remove the engine and transmission then take a good power washer to clean things up. And it looks like the exhaust needs some help quick..

I'm curious about the clamp on the driveline also. Years ago, we used to do that for balance.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Title change
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #17
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Wolvie,

If you switch those valve cover hold downs out I would be interested in them if you want to sell them. I lost one of mine.

Some people like them, some don't.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Title change
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #18
Barn Owl
Respected Member

My Mood:

If money is an issue be careful how you proceed. There have been many that jump into a project only to find out that it is going to take a lot more than they thought to rebuild it and they end up selling a bunch of parts on craigslist.
Looks like you have a great platform to start with and it will make a great looking project truck.
I would start slow and address the major issues then the cosmetic ones. But make sure the house is in good condition first because you don't have to sleep in the truck.

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #19
Barn Owl
Respected Member

My Mood:

Cuz if you get it backwards you might just be sleeping in the truck

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 04-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #20
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Thanks Sport/Truck, I want to drive it soo bad too, so we are just going alittle at a time, I would like to drive it up to the crusie night they have in Bartlett,TN.every thursday @5:00 till they all leave at dusk, it's just a parking lot that evryone comes and meets there are all kinds too, trucks, rat rods, geez there are some that they trailor up there just to show off, the nerve. Beautiful cars though, I know I have seen them at tunica car shows.

Thank you Barn Owl, I will admit i'm a newb.to forums, if you could explain how you fixed ahh never mind ,THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH

Royo thanks,yup those where made before (as my friend tells me )there are 6 pgs. of different apps. in Summit for that truck, but I have been trying to explain to him, it's differnt when you can see in your head how it should fit, and still weld it together without scavenging for fuel. OH NO He would rather buy them, hey a belt sander can do wonders for coming up with tight fit angels. Yes the clamp is the old school trick, taught buy an old school man. Hey he had alot of knowledge that went with him when he passed on, when pulling a small trailer you could feel a small vibration in the stick under a load, took the trailer off it wasn't noticeable, he told me to put the hose clamp on close the counter weight, it went away, still haven't taken it in to get rebalanced , hmm that was well over 12yrs ago,lol, think it will keep. I will try the gaskets first, I think they are just old and will look at the bolts.

Yup BAGGED, I want to go that way pull it, blast it then paint it, do a compression check really quick before pulling, the sick part is, I have to buy a tig again, MIller is what we had but what else is there that is affordable or is this going to be a 1,400 dollar pair of headers and exhaust, yup you got the clamp part right there and just for that I will search the round bin always full of hidden goodies might find a spare one.

Barn Owl , I though I read you teach welding, so is there such a thing a GOOD reconditioned welder, I have all the pipe I need and a hydraulic and manual benders for doing whatever I need to do.
But that will be later, yet I must plan to buy one I got a line on doing a engine swap for a guy at work here, it's a f250that could be the ticket ,heh heh
All right I need to get back to work , I think I logged in 3 times trying to do this,LOL

nope 4 times

And NO we don't want to sleep in the truck, you know what that would be like trying to fit all thsoe **** cats in there with us, along with the dogs, and you know some of them just don't see eye to eye

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Title change/cleaned up

Tags
1st Gen., 355, Carter, CarterAFB 600, edelbrock, Heater Core Replacement, performer rpm intake, S-10 Durango Longbed, S-Dime, S10 v8