Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Trucks 1947-Current Years > 1973-87 Chevy/GMC > 1982-Current S-10 Chevy/GMC

1982-Current S-10 Chevy/GMC 1982 to current S-10 4x4 & 2WD pick-ups

Old 02-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:
pxwolvie is on a distinguished road
1983 S-10 Durango Longbed Refurb

Hey all this is the project, to replace the interior, pull motor and repaint the engine compartment, do a rebuild on the motor, new gaskets, rebuild carb., belts, hoses. This truck used to belong to my late Father in law, so in honor to him trying to keep the sleeper look alive, other than the flow master you hear at a stop light, it looks like a sleeper everything tucked under the hood
This is a 1983 S-10 Durango Long Bed, 20th Century Fiberglass top, 20 gal tank plus 12 gal fuel cell, carpet in the bed, 355 V-8, 9-1 compression, 202 fuely heads, 202 intake 1.60 exhaust, Crowler hydraulic cam intake 270 Duration .456 lift, exhuast 276 Duration .458 lift, 1.5 roller rockers, Perfomer RPM aluminum intake with cater 600 AFB, Mallory ignition-unilite+etras-strobe set to 8,000, Headers made at the shop to fit the truck, they look funny but work great, welded together into 1 Flowmaster, 3 in and 3 out, over rear and out behind the tire. CenterForce Clutch, Lakewood scatter sheild, 11 inch disc, t-5 speed with 3:73 Zoom ring and grear, 3 inch dropped spindels, koni shocks, rear has koni coil overs, Reese hitch with elcetric brakes, for pulling dirt bike trailor 245 R14 Radial BF Goodrich, looking for 15's to put on.
This is a on going project considering I never have money to use on the restore, when I do get it goes towards the house, last year repalce cedar siding then water heater went out, always seems whenever I get a good chunck of change saved up, we need something for the house or my mother in law who can't mange her money, we have sold alot of items from the shop to keep up with her, which is sad. When side work isn't there we need to do something, don't want ot lose the porperty, I loaded a bunch of pics of the truck on my profile.

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Cleaned up
pxwolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1983 S-10 Durango Longbed Refurb

Sweet. I found an '89 S-10 and swapped the interior into my '87. I had a shop do the engine and suspension, but the rest I did in my shop. Have fun!!

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Title change
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #3
Barn Owl
Respected Member

My Mood:
Barn Owl is on a distinguished road

What style interior are you going to use? Custom or from a donor vehicle.

Do not let other peoples opinion of you define who you are.

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Title change
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Well I already agreed with my wife to keep the interior stock, I priced everything out at LMC new dash pad, window (fuzzy's) weather strips, speaker grills for behind the seat, heat sheild kit for the floor, rubber mat, wouldn't mind carpet, we have to talk about that still , she wants to keep the bench seat in, I wouldn't mind a 60/40 seat in there, I just can't help but laugh when I get someone in there for a ride and there knees are smashed up against the dash, im 5'6 so just about everyones knees hit , lol..door panels, arm rest pads, pilar panels, head liner and a bunch of miscellaneous small screws, clips, shipped for @ 700 bucks. This the first place I went to get prices, just about everthing inside is brittle, you can take your finger nail to it and put a deep gouge into the door panel, I would like to put auto meter gauges in it, but all the gauges work. So in the engine area this is what I would like to do, see if I can find the link a buddy at work sent me when I told him I was thinking of putting a BB in.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1s...lation-223375/
This guys was pretty detailed on the swap, I found a 427 tall deck from a bus which all I would need is the stroker kit to make me a nasty 572, then I would like to put a Dana 60, or a Strange Engineering rear end in it , when I mentioned this to my wife she wouldn't talk to me for 3 days, so all in all lets just start with the interior,hehe see i'm not sure how custom would look in there, if any ideas i'm all ears.
Alex

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Cleaned up/Title change
Old 04-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Heres what we are working with ...

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

How're those pics coming? he he.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 04-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Pulled it from the barn and washed up,others are under awning where its been parked and collected a bunch of surface rust underneath

these are shots of the interior so you can see before and after

changed settings to pick up back light

Here you can see how dried out the panel is and how bad the window fuzzy had dried out

and yes threw out almost all pics you will see lots of crumbled up red clay or dirt from mud dauber nest everywhere ,in the interior,door channels,fenders,rearend cover,frame, they are everywhere ,i have to make sure and even tap off any air compressor lines or tools that are not being used , i've had to take a couple of tools apart that weren't working because of that

headliner is just alittle faded

right here behind seat is fuel valve to switch between fuel cell inside bed and tank outside underneath

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 04-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Door jams are pretty clean

seeing if this layout is better

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Wow man. That trucks is really in great shape considering the year. What I would give to have your doors though. The color is right and they are MANUAL CRANKS!! I'm glad you got the pic thing figured out. Later.

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Alright trying again...heres the barn where the truck sits, thats the next project 90 Formula 350,Tune Port Injected, W6 suspension, disc brakes, p/w, p/s, A/C, stripped all decals off the only thing that gives it away are the rims the center cap has the W6 on them, that thing is soo fun, you can literally watch the fuel gauge drop down when you put your foot into it, thats why it's sitting it was my daily driver I drive @80 miles a day round trip to work, lets just say I helped out on the gas corporations quaterly interest, I would go threw a full tank in 2 days, 1/4 tank to work 1/4 back, I do alot of highway driving

We are inside, I might have mentioned the truck dosen't get drivin much, but gets started up at least, and well this process took it's toll. I went to go and drive it to the gas station and well I about pulled the steering wheel off trying to push down on the clutch, the lower cable siezed up, this truck has a small pivoit Y bar with cables that runs to the clutch fork. It needs to be removed to be lubed up, in the pics im going to trying and show how everything fits with a 350 in it, instead of the 2.8L that was in it and what was made to make it work.

Last edited by pxwolvie; 01-27-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Title change/ reinstall photos

Tags
1st Gen., 355, Carter, CarterAFB 600, edelbrock, Heater Core Replacement, performer rpm intake, S-10 Durango Longbed, S-Dime, S10 v8