Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > General Discussion Board / Events And Activities > Best In Class Monthly Contests

Best In Class Monthly Contests Member voted Winners

Old 03-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #11
escottb
Respected Member
Posting Expert

escottb is on a distinguished road
Re: My progress, can't figure how to post.

nice start to a great build!
escottb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #12
Ragenrat
Administrator

My Mood:
Ragenrat is on a distinguished road
Re: 56 Chevy Coupe / 67 Malibu Wagon

Any progress and pictures??? or are they in a different thread????
O yea I renamed this thread....
If so I can merge or move this thread :0)
Mark
Ragenrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #13
Az Geezer
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road

Well, kinda.........you dug up an old thread, brought back memories.

The 56...........I thought I was getting the wiring thing down pretty good, but I have a couple screw-ups. I have/had all the wiring done, except the rear harness (I want to paint the inside of the trunk, then run it). Mike and I ran the tranny cooler lines Saturday. Thought we were ready to fire it up. Called Jack (Blue66C10), and he came out to help. Hooked up a battery and the generator light stays on. Turned the key and NOTHING.......well, that's not true, the wipers run constantly with the key on. found that by taking out the wiper fuse, the wipers stop and the generator light goes out. Jack found a connection I missed/screwed up, whatever, on Sunday, and the engine turns over, seems to have good compression and spark.......but we couldn't get the darned thing to fire..........grrrrrrrrr. It was in the upper 90's with high humidity, and we quit for the day.
Jack wants me to trailer the 56 to his shop on Friday, and they'll play with it some when they can. Jack thinks I might have a bad HEI? We'll see.
One thing that remains constant in my lifetime of hot rodding experience, is, I know when I've run out of talent, knowledge and luck. Jack will get me past this point, and I'll pick up where I left off.
I can't wait to hear that thing run.

The kid's wagon...........the 327 is painted up and ready to install, along with the TH350 I've had sitting in the garage, all rebuilt, looking for a new home. Mike bought a disc brake changeover with drop spindles for the wagon. We'll look for a vacuum booster, master cylinder, prop valve set up, and a suspension rebuild kit at the Pomona swap meet next month. It's been patiently waiting for space to open up in my shop for it to come in for what it needs. I'm too old to work in the dirt any more. We intend to pull the front sheet metal off, remove the old suspension, clean up the frame, paint the firewall, and get the suspension, brakes, engine and trans installed before we put the sheet metal back on. I suspect that sheet metal might have a new coat of paint on it before it goes back on.

Not a lot of progress, but I have to tell you, it's fun working on these projects with my son-in-law, and that makes it all worthwhile. And, I've never worked with anybody as funny as Jack.....he can keep you laughing all day!
Az Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #14
Az Geezer
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road

By the way, Mark...........I think I've put more updated info under the tri-five section, but I don't think I've posted any updates on the wagon.......We have changed the look of the wagon a little bit, we got a collection of 15x7 steel wheels, bought some dog dish hubcaps at swap meets, blasted and painted the wheels white, scrubbed the tires up, and mounted them. I like the look.........cheap way to improve the appearance while it sits out beside my shop waiting it's turn.............
Az Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #15
Ragenrat
Administrator

My Mood:
Ragenrat is on a distinguished road

That's awesome you've got your buddy to help you out and your grandson, that goes a long long way getting these projects back together and having a good time doing it.
It's great to hear they are moving a long toward getting back on the road soon.
Mark

Ragenrat is offline   Reply With Quote