Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Tech Info & Tool Board > Tool Of The Week Forum

Tool Of The Week Forum Show off your great tool's here Ask questions about tool's here

Old 01-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
FY54957
Respected Member
Posting Expert

FY54957 is on a distinguished road
need design for test engine stand

has anyone here built a test engine stand to run there engine on,I would like to build one,I think it would be great to be able to run the engine in and check it out for leaks and all that before you put it in the car or tuck.(Pictures would be great to)
FY54957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Re: need design for test engine stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by FY54957 View Post
has anyone here built a test engine stand to run there engine on,I would like to build one,I think it would be great to be able to run the engine in and check it out for leaks and all that before you put it in the car or tuck.(Pictures would be great to)
I'm sure you can find a drawing on the net. But last one I made was 20 or so years ago, I was building High Performance engines for sale, It had the Cruicial gauges, Oil, Temp, Vacuum and Tach., a self contained fuel tank, and a committed radiator. You can sit down and draw one out, then put it to metal. If I was going to do one now I would have the same thing but it would be breakdown and have replaceable engine mounts for other engines besides Chevy. I would make it 1-1/4 or 1/2, 2.50 square stock.

They are great for as you say looking for leaks, adjusting Lifters, checking the oil pressure, checking Vacuum to Adjust the Carb. and letting it run without over heating to do a good breaking in.

let me know how it goes.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”

Last edited by BAGGED70C-10; 01-15-2013 at 07:24 PM.
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Re: need design for test engine stand

I did a quick Google search and found this. Everything I would need.

I guess it would be nice to have the web addy.. Sorry!

http://jniolon.classicpickup.com/eng...eakinstand.htm

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote