Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Tech Info & Tool Board > Tool Of The Week Forum

Tool Of The Week Forum Show off your great tool's here Ask questions about tool's here

Old 12-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
Sport/Truck
Respected Member

My Mood:
Sport/Truck is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Show off your home made tool thread

Lets see what you made to make life easier around the house, the shop etc.
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, 383 stroker - original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads, 350 Trans all (matching #'s) , SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers w/ trickflow push rods. Spin Tech pro street mufflers with stainless steel 2.5 mandrel pipe with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
Barn Owl
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Barn Owl is on a distinguished road
Re: Show off your home made tool thread

I have got plenty of those kind of tools but no pictures of them I will get some tomorrow. In the mean time here is a rollaway I put together some years ago. I couldn't find one that could roll over thresholds without jaring everything loose inside. Plus I put a drafting table on the back for those times you need to design on the fly.

I have been uesing it every day for about ten years and it still works the same as when it was new. If I had the money back then I would have powder coated it.

Do not let other peoples opinion of you define who you are.

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
Ragenrat
Administrator

My Mood:
Ragenrat is on a distinguished road

Very cool Barn !!!

SUPPORT THE BOARD
Ragenrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
smokescreenaafd

smokescreenaafd is on a distinguished road

I just saw this, and realized that it is what I have been needing for a long time !
Boy, I sure wish it was a commercially-available product.....
-Bruce
smokescreenaafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
Barn Owl
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Hey Bruce welcome to the board. Do you mean youve been loking for a forum to show off your home made tools or you wish you had some home made tools to show off? Either way the thread caught your attention so we would love to see what you got!
Mike

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes
Old 05-27-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
Barn Owl
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

I made these a year ago or so to move the Cabanas I made for the court yard eight years ago. The cabanas weigh a ton (literally) and the math worked out so that we can lift each corner with about 30 lb of pressure. They only lift 1.5 inches but that is all I need. One man can move the 16x16 structure any where it needs to go in about ten minutes. before that it was a scissor lift job underneath the arch but the lift broke and the new lift wouldn't come close to lifting the weight.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:55 AM   #7
ROYO
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
ROYO is on a distinguished road

That was a neat idea right there barn owl.

Support The Board Here
ROYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road

Keep it up and someday you'll be a fine welder and fabricator. Great talent and great ideas.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
64tonka
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
64tonka is on a distinguished road

i don't know why i want them but i do. the last time i had to move my gun safe it was a PITA and these would have made my life so much bettet at that moment. what a great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Owl View Post
I made these a year ago or so to move the Cabanas I made for the court yard eight years ago. The cabanas weigh a ton (literally) and the math worked out so that we can lift each corner with about 30 lb of pressure. They only lift 1.5 inches but that is all I need. One man can move the 16x16 structure any where it needs to go in about ten minutes. before that it was a scissor lift job underneath the arch but the lift broke and the new lift wouldn't come close to lifting the weight.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:04 AM   #10
Barn Owl
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

I used the concept of the camming action used in big rig tie downs. The big one is the prototype and I found that I had built it twice as big as I needed it to be so I shrunk the next three down.
Just change the foot design and I am sure that you could whip something up to move that gun safe any where you like.