Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Tech Info & Tool Board > Tool Of The Week Forum

Tool Of The Week Forum Show off your great tool's here Ask questions about tool's here

Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Ragenrat
Administrator

My Mood:
Ragenrat is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Lincoln K3034-1 Viking Black 3350 Welding Helmet

Lincoln K3034-1 Viking Black 3350 Welding Helmet

The nicest welding helmet I've ever had bar none !!

I am going to be doing alot of welding projects very soon could not wait to get a good coat of wax on it.
Check out the huge viewing area and yes its automatic
I KNOW THE PICTURES ARE HUGE BUT I WAITED FOLKS THAT ARE NOT MEMBERS LOGGED IN TO BE ABLE TO SEE THEM SO THEY ARE LOADED IN OUR GALLERY AND DISPLAYED USING THE URL ADDRESS.

Stay tuned !!!!
Lincoln K3034-1 Features:
Ruggid, lightweight, VIKING, with replacement lithium battery, auto-darkening helmets are loaded with features. 2 arc sensors with continuously
variable control for shade and sensitivity, Grind mode, great for weld prep or post-weld clean up activities, a magnifying cheater lens, hard hat adaptor capable, and extra cover lenses enclosed.

SUPPORT THE BOARD
Ragenrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road
Re: Lincoln K3034-1 Viking Black 3350 Welding Helmet

Very nice. Huge friggin' photos! Mine was generic from Harbor Freight, but it worked great. There was a little battery, but while I used it, I liked it.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #3
Barn Owl
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Barn Owl is on a distinguished road
Re: Lincoln K3034-1 Viking Black 3350 Welding Helmet

Auto shades are really getting nice. I have three of them so I do not have to run into the problem of not having my helmet in one of the three places I usually weld.
The one thing I caution my students when they want to purchase a new helmet is the quality of the tech. You only get one set of eyes,
when they are fried, no glasses are going to help. If you read the reaction time of the auto shades they are usually in the high milliseconds.
The nicer ones will maintain the reaction time needed for continual use or reliable use after a long time of inactivity.

I have tried on some of my students Harbor freight helmets and have found them to be satisfactory for simple flat or vertical MIG welding
projects. Stick is so dirty and spatter finds all of the nooks and crannies on that helmet and prolonged exposure will eventually damage the crystal
and it will invariably fail while you are welding and you could, at the very least, get a decent case of flash burn.

The nicer helmets like the Lincoln or Miller have a much flatter profile and the spatter does not have any place to stick, making overhead and reliability with high spatter welding processes possible.

Also one area of concern on the Harbor Freight helmet is the exterior adjustment of the filter element. I have had several students who have
inadvertently adjusted their helmet to a shade 9 and have suffered a mild flash burn the next several days.

Repeated tacking with cheaper brands tends to show the gap in quality from a $50 and a $300 helmet. even just a split second of flash getting
through will make life uncomfortable the next couple of days.

Also the better quality helmets have much better head gear, for prolonged use I will grab my Miller Ellite any day over my Lincoln or my Radnor. It is just more ergonomical and has much better padding.

Do not let other peoples opinion of you define who you are.

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3350 Welding Helmet, Lincoln K3034-1, Lincoln Welding Helmet