Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Site Chit Chat and Announcements Board > Welcome Area

Welcome Area Say Hi and tell us a bit about you.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
Hazzardousmat

Hazzardousmat is on a distinguished road
Moonie here

Hey all, I'm Rob but you can just call me Hazz. I just bought 2 66 C-10's. Agreed to the deal for the step side, 2000.00. A few days later my wife was talking to the sellers wife and she said if we would get it off her property we can have both for 2500.00! The step side I'm keeping and not sure about the fleetside. Might just flip it for parts money. Anyway, I love the 60's and early 70's gm trucks. Heard the 60's called the "ugly duckling", I think they are cool.. I'm a 43 yr old disabled trucker, veteran, husband of 24 years and father of two. One still lives at home, he is autistic and cannot take care of himself. Lots of hobbies but my favorite is travel on my 2013 HD Ultra Limited. Happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for the add.
Hazzardousmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:27 PM   #2
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Re: Moonie here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzardousmat View Post
Hey all, I'm Rob but you can just call me Hazz. I just bought 2 66 C-10's. Agreed to the deal for the step side, 2000.00. A few days later my wife was talking to the sellers wife and she said if we would get it off her property we can have both for 2500.00! The step side I'm keeping and not sure about the fleetside. Might just flip it for parts money. Anyway, I love the 60's and early 70's gm trucks. Heard the 60's called the "ugly duckling", I think they are cool.. I'm a 43 yr old disabled trucker, veteran, husband of 24 years and father of two. One still lives at home, he is autistic and cannot take care of himself. Lots of hobbies but my favorite is travel on my 2013 HD Ultra Limited. Happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for the add.
Welcome Hazz too our lil Family, great find on the trucks. Whats your home town, I also have a HD (02 FXD) maybe if your close enough we could find a Hwy to beat up on LOL. Don't be shy you can ask away and we will help you out in any way we can. I don't know where you get the term "Ugly Duckling" I my self like them and have had a 66 short fleet around 30 yrs ago. I now have a 68 C10 but just might be interested in the other one. What is it specs please?

Love to see/read another story about long Marriages. I got you beat we are going on 41 this Dec 22nd and still going strong well some times we stumble from time to time but some times Life has its moments you just have to get around them. Let your Wife have her own time so you get your time in the "HD" saddle LOL. Take care and happy hunting on what ever you need for the 65.

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want

Last edited by mjgord51; 12-04-2017 at 12:32 PM.
mjgord51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
Hazzardousmat

I'm from N. Central Indiana. Peru to be exact, would be great to meet up and turn some miles
Old 12-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm from N. Central Indiana. Peru to be exact, would be great to meet up and turn some miles
HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM, I am in So Cal just a might far away from you but who knows anything is possible. I am retired one year now and also have SS, with that said when the first SS check hit my Bank at that moment I said to myself - self now I need a job again LOL. The house has been paid for for some time now and all but one of our vehicles (4) + the HD are paid so we get along just fine with my SS and my wife is still working making the big Bucks LOL The 2000+miles Distance S U C K's

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
Old 12-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #5
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road

Welcome, Hazz! Keep us updated on your trucks!
The "ugly duckling" was because of the early 60's hood.....most guys switched them to the later 65-66 hoods.
Marvin has me beat, marriage-wise........Bonnie and I celebrated 33 years last Tuesday. Second marriage for both of us, and we all know second marriages don't last........
Az Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #6
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Nevada

Glad to have you on board!!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #7
Hazzardousmat

So Cal, really? My Brother lives in Lawndale, he asked us when we were going to take a trip and visit him. Dont know when that could happen, but I will be sure to keep ya updated. IF I do get out there it will be on the Limited so we can travel wherever and whenever we choose. No time table that we have to follow for return flights.
Thanks Bagged, glad I found this forum!
Az Geezer, I will be sure to keep y'all updated. I lived in Arizona for about 5 years before enlisting. I do miss it.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:41 PM   #8
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
So Cal, really? My Brother lives in Lawndale, he asked us when we were going to take a trip and visit him. Dont know when that could happen, but I will be sure to keep ya updated. IF I do get out there it will be on the Limited so we can travel wherever and whenever we choose. No time table that we have to follow for return flights.
Thanks Bagged, glad I found this forum!
Az Geezer, I will be sure to keep y'all updated. I lived in Arizona for about 5 years before enlisting. I do miss it.
Rob/Hazz, I grew up in Lawndale for almost 20 years, lived at 4313 W 154th street cross street was Larch. Went to Mark Twain Kindergarden then William Anderson (we also lived in the house William Anderson built, (Spanish Styled House) then Will Rogers and last went to Leuzienger High School,Class of 69 then moved to Westminster Orange County, then Palm Springs and ended up here in Yucca Valley. Small world "Lawndale". Marvin

Old 12-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #9
Lakeroadster
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Lakeroadster is on a distinguished road

Welcome from eight thousand feet above sea level

Post up some photo's of your truck Hazz.. photo's make it real.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:50 AM   #10
Hazzardousmat

I know, this thread is useless without pics

Only one I have of the fleetside atm

Step side before

After a bath

Just because I love my sled