Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Trucks 1947-Current Years > 1946 And Older Chevy/GMC Trucks > 1960-66 Chevy/GMC

Old 07-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #101
Lakeroadster
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Lakeroadster is on a distinguished road
Re: What did you work on today?

Doing those little quick fixes is really a good time Woog. Thanks for resurrecting this thread.

I've been doing a bunch of little projects around our "new to us" house. People do some really stupid stuff.

Case in Point: Radon Mitigation

We had the house tested and the radon levels were right at the level that something needed to be done. The house has a crawl space and the previous owner installed a 4" pvc vent pipe from the crawl space up to the roof. So that should have fixed it, right?

Well except that they cut a 4" x 10" hole in the floor to allow the crawl space air to feed the natural gas furnace?

So I added a 4" furnace fresh outside air duct for the furnace, and plugged the hole in the floor.

Little stuff like that.
Lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:23 PM   #102
GMCDAC
Respected Member
Posting Expert

GMCDAC is on a distinguished road

I guess this is a good place for a quick update since time on the internet seems so short anymore.

Finally getting ahead of the mowing a bit since the last two weeks there hasn't been any mud or standing water to deal with! Mowed the acre around the trees and junk in just 2-1/2 hours today! Good thing since I go "on call" at work tomorrow and can't do noisy stuff during that time.

The tractor engine is tired and I have a new replacement but still have to mow too often to take it out of service right now. Maybe in August. Since it's a 40 year old Massey Ferguson it won't be a bolt in deal. Getting the basic stuff ready now, sleeve for the crank pto shaft came in today.

The '55 GMC is in the shop with the radiator carriage cut up again. Got the different radiator mocked up and vertical supports in position to tack weld on this morning. Maybe I will get a tack on them tonight. Gotta find a measurement of the lower grill bar and the upper mustache bar though so I better go do some research.

This was my only day off in the last 7 and a week from today will be my next day off so no updates for awhile!

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom bought in 1971 and drove until 2001
1972 GMC C2500 Wife and I bought in 1979 and still drivin it
1955 GMC 2nd 100 driver work in progress
2006 GMC Yukon Denali, my wife's ride
Rest in peace Mom, "Dolly" Crawford, 30 year GMC 4x4 driver!
7-15-23 to 5-18-09
GMCDAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:21 AM   #103
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Today was Betty and I's 46th Anniversary. ****ed, Just to think about that many years, it seems so long to be with one person, But, I wouldn't have done it with anyone but her, She started out with a 17 year old kid and we grew together.

We went to look at some Battery operated garden tools, Edgers, a small Chain saw, weed eaters, etc. You guys know what I mean. She bought us everything, I do not believe she forgot anything...I suppose she hinted that there's no reason why not? lol We both love the yard work and watching our new tree's and bushes grow up.
I told her, this yard and house will be beautiful just about the time we want to move further South. I'll be Bill's next door neighbor ;) lol

I've still been putting hours on my truck. Bought a new hose for my pressure washer today so the next couple of weeks will bring washing the heck on the frame, suspension and firewall then, Paint again after 20 or so years. Haven"t taken the engine to the machine shop yet, just laziness. lol

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:43 AM   #104
Lakeroadster
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Lakeroadster is on a distinguished road

Doug, if ya don't mind me asking, what's your day job?
Oh, and why not drop a sbc in that Massey Ferguson
Mark, 46 years.... You Da Man. Congrat's. What cordless tools did you buy? I need to buy a weedwacker and was curious who makes the bestus cordless stuff.

_____
John
Lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:25 PM   #105
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road

Ron, Happy Anniversary! 46 years, WOW! Bonnie and I are coming up on 31, and I thought that was a long time.........WOW! Good for you guys!
Az Geezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:42 PM   #106
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeroadster View Post
Doug, if ya don't mind me asking, what's your day job?
Oh, and why not drop a sbc in that Massey Ferguson
Mark, 46 years.... You Da Man. Congrat's. What cordless tools did you buy? I need to buy a weedwacker and was curious who makes the bestus cordless stuff.

_____
John
John,
I bought all Black and Decker That way the batteries interchange on everything.
I have been using the weed whacker for most of the summer. The battery life is great (Lipo aka Lithium ion) It's a whacker and edge trimmer and the edge trimmer sucks, But the whacker is very good. Yesterday, She bought a battery mini chain saw for the small branches, A hand held hedge trimmer, The full size Hedge trimmer and a good edge trimmer But, it's Gas. I don't believe they have a good quality Edge trimmer any way but gas.

We bought two blue spruces and two hedges. I guess now I need a Battery operated Shovel!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:59 PM   #107
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:

Sounds like a lot of work to me...........and reminds me I've got to get to some yard work soon, before I have to do the semi-annual mowing........
Old 07-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #108
GMCDAC
Respected Member
Posting Expert

Congrats Ron and Betty, we are 37 years and counting.

John, I'm a mechanical tech and plant operator at the city's wastewater plant. I have to have a class A CDL too as we drive a tanker also. I'm stuck truck driving the week of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in a couple weeks and there's supposed to be a million bikers to dodge this year, the 75th.

On the Massey Ferguson, I've seen pics of folks that put SBC's in these larger garden tractors, but I think I will stick with one cylinder---LOL! My 12 horse Tecumseh needs to be bored .020 over but the pistons are not to be had, and if a nos one comes up they cost more than the 14 HP ohv engine the wife and kids bought me for fathers day!

DAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gravel 6-20-15 002.jpg (116.0 KB, 15 views)

7-15-23 to 5-18-09
Old 07-21-2015, 11:00 PM   #109
GMCDAC
Respected Member
Posting Expert

Oh yeah Bill, semi annual mowing???? I'm semi weekly!!!

DAC

7-15-23 to 5-18-09
Old 07-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #110
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:

37 years, Doug? Good for you two.
Yup, I usually have to mow once during the monsoon season, and then once after it's over.
Monsoon season usually runs from the 4th of July to Labor Day. I may get lucky this year. We haven't had any rain in a couple of weeks, and the yard has turned all brown again, like it does for half the year or more. Of course, one or two good downpours could change all that. In the 21 years we've lived here, I did have one year that I never mowed.