Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Tech Board {CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL GROUPS WITH CURRENT THREADS} > Engine & Drivetrain

Old 09-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #1
mikeg0527

mikeg0527 is on a distinguished road
Computer Problem

My car has been out of commission going on 60 days have bumper to bumper issue started with burnt out fue box which was replace then wiring harness needed to be replace still not turning over now the computer was replaced and still nothing GM mechanics can not figure it out and still no car. What should I do???
mikeg0527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Computer Problem

Welcome aboard

Mike, I'm Ron, What you are explaining to us sounds like either in doing the rewiring you've left the Battery positive or negative undone.. .or a complete discharged battery

Where Nothing (Right?) is working It has to be happening at the battery or an unhooked battery cable, Not necessarily the battery post but in the battery cable line. If you're new wiring harness have a "Master" fuse or breaker check it?

Good luck on your problem, I hope I may have helped. .
What year and model of Car do you have? I'll look at the Wiring diagram online.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”

Last edited by BAGGED70C-10; 09-18-2015 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added more information.
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:13 AM   #3
mikeg0527

Not that currently at dealership and the computer is not able to link up with anything in the car and mechanics do not know nor does GM
Old 09-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #4
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Then, it's the Computer. Time for a new or replacement.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
Old 09-20-2015, 04:01 AM   #5
mikeg0527

They replaced the computer and can not figure out my it is not the drive train , breaking systems and others are not respondind to the computer and now they are going back and forth with GM on matter which is now reaching week 3 and still no car after 60 days.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #6
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg0527 View Post
They replaced the computer and can not figure out my it is not the drive train , breaking systems and others are not respondind to the computer and now they are going back and forth with GM on matter which is now reaching week 3 and still no car after 60 days.
Wow, If it's above G.M.'s heads then it's well over mine. LOL Sorry.. But I'd like to know what they come up with. You know, There's always a chance a new part is bad.. I've came across many of them in my many years. lol :)

Edit: Without having the brain unit in my hand I have no way to run an analysis. Not that I could read a thorough analysis. anyway, I would take the ECM to a Garage near you that specializes in that kind of work and see what they say.

“Wow what a ride”