Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > General Discussion Board / Events And Activities > General Discussion-Off-topic Chat

General Discussion-Off-topic Chat a place to shoot the breeze and get to know each other.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:15 PM   #31
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Re: Member Names and Avatar's.....Explain Yourself

Mine is not real complicated, its most of my name with two initials & some of my last name & the 51 is year born. My Avatar is a symbol for the Free Masons which 8 of my past Relatives were in. I my self pretty much also follow there beliefs and ways of doing things the right way. Also being German Blooded has made me do things in a better way than doing things in a piss poor/slap it together way. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Now our Family Coat of Arms is a longer story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gordons coat of arms.jpg (30.5 KB, 27 views)

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
mjgord51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:22 PM   #32
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgord51 View Post
Mine is not real complicated, its most of my name with two initials & some of my last name & the 51 is year born. My Avatar is a symbol for the Free Masons which 8 of my past Relatives were in. I my self pretty much also follow there beliefs and ways of doing things the right way. Also being German Blooded has made me do things in a better way than doing things in a piss poor/slap it together way. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Now our Family Coat of Arms is a longer story.
I have changed out my Avatar from the Freemason symbol to our family name Crest, reason I did it was in another forum (HAMB) a member gave me sh!t for using it being I am Not a Freemason.

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
Old 11-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #33
Lakeroadster
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Lakeroadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgord51 View Post
I have changed out my Avatar from the Freemason symbol to our family name Crest, reason I did it was in another forum (HAMB) a member gave me sh!t for using it being I am Not a Freemason.
The HAMB... it's more trouble than its worth IMO.

So have you ever heard of "The Woodsmen Of The World"? Interesting bit of history there. We like to walk about in cemeteries and one local one here had headstone after headstone that read "Here Lies A Woodman Of The World".....
Old 11-15-2017, 04:16 PM   #34
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeroadster View Post
The HAMB... it's more trouble than its worth IMO.

So have you ever heard of "The Woodsmen Of The World"? Interesting bit of history there. We like to walk about in cemeteries and one local one here had headstone after headstone that read "Here Lies A Woodman Of The World".....
Funny you should mention HAMB, I'll start a new thread in the General Discussion-off-topic chat area, reason being this might get quite a lot of post on this one.