Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > General Discussion Board / Events And Activities > General Discussion-Off-topic Chat > Computer Q&A

Computer Q&A Ask Your Computer Questions Here

Old 09-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #11
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road
Re: Ad Links

This forum has become my "Go To" place for much more than truck stuff. Got another Malware thing from InkJet called TV Wizard by Small Island Development. It won't uninstall with the usual method. Did some research and Microsoft offers a free download to get rid of TV Wizard, but an error occurs during download. I remembered I'd made a thread about this earlier, found it. My Defender was turned off as well. Just pisses me off to no end.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #12
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYO View Post
I,m running a fire fox browser with ghostry
I changed over to Firefox a couple of months ago when windows gave me no choice except to Run
"Chrome"

I'm finally getting used to it again. What is "Ghostry"?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #13
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road

With 3 home school laptops, my wife's, and mine, I have been either lucky or made a good choice. There are occasional issues like this that come up, but for the most part, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Threatfire have done good for free downloads.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #14
Ragenrat
Administrator

My Mood:
Ragenrat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGED70C-10 View Post
I changed over to Firefox a couple of months ago when windows gave me no choice except to Run
"Chrome"

I'm finally getting used to it again. What is "Ghostry"?
What is Ghostery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostery

Ghostery is a free privacy-related browser extension for Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Google Chrome owned by the advertising and privacy technology company Ghostery, Inc. (formerly Evidon). It enables its users to easily detect and control web bugs which are objects embedded in a web page, invisible to the user, that allow the collection of data on the user's browsing habits. Ghostery also has a privacy team that creates profiles of page elements and companies for educational purposes.[2]

I DON'T USE IT BECAUSE THEY SELL YOUR DATA TO THE COMPANY'S THAT THEY ARE BLOCKING ON YOUR COMPUTER !!!!
Hope that help's

Mark

Last edited by Ragenrat; 09-21-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Ragenrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #15
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Cool, Thanks Mark!

I use a software called Reg hunter 4. Have been using it for about 2 years now. It's $40.00 every six months but it sure seems to do the job.
I have it set to open every time I start the computer, It takes a few minutes to run but it usually finds about 100 to 170 things to repair on a daily basis, Those are usually in "Temporary" files. Just stuff you pick up surfing the day before.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote