Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > General Discussion Board / Events And Activities > General Discussion-Off-topic Chat

General Discussion-Off-topic Chat a place to shoot the breeze and get to know each other.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Where do you live

I would like to meet some of you that live near where I live, that would be in yucca valley,ca this is just north of palm springs,ca, cant have enough friends you know lol.

If my post isn't proper to ask this question from the Board---Then OK I do understand, but if its ok then post away people.

I have personally met Bill (AzGezzer) and that man is a great person to meet.

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
mjgord51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #2
Ragenrat
Administrator

My Mood:
Ragenrat is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Where do you live??

Guess nobody wants to meet me Some times wish I lived in California but when I see the list of High Performance car parts that you can't have.... I will stay where I am no emissions testing on my 1969 C20 (knock knock on wood) and anything you can buy, you can install it.
I am in Chicago if anyone is ever going past
Mark / RagenRat

SUPPORT THE BOARD
Ragenrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:17 AM   #3
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:
Re: Where do you live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragenrat View Post
Guess nobody wants to meet me Some times wish I lived in California but when I see the list of High Performance car parts that you can't have.... I will stay where I am no emissions testing on my 1969 C20 (knock knock on wood) and anything you can buy, you can install it.
I am in Chicago if anyone is ever going past
Mark / RagenRat
Mark in Calif I know the Emission Testings stop at the 1976 year mark. Any thing goes for all years of Vehicles 1975 and under (75,74,73 ect). Where we live (San Bernardino Co.) our cars 1976 and up/newer are on a two year plan (every other year) testing.

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
Old 11-14-2017, 07:09 AM   #4
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road
Re: Where do you live

I live in Sahuarita, Az. That's a little south and west of Tucson. Out here, if your car is insured on a classic insurance policy, no emissions.
In Arizona the taxes are low (in comparison to CA, Il, NY), the weather is great, we can cruise around year round, and cars with little rust are still available for purchase.....but don't come here, you wouldn't like it!
Az Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #5
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Geezer View Post
I live in Sahuarita, Az. That's a little south and west of Tucson. Out here, if your car is insured on a classic insurance policy, no emissions.
In Arizona the taxes are low (in comparison to CA, Il, NY), the weather is great, we can cruise around year round, and cars with little rust are still available for purchase.....but don't come here, you wouldn't like it!
Bill you and I both live in the desert only where you live is out in the boonies (lol) and me on the other hand my desert is more like mid to upper desert with lots of houses around me, lower desert is Palm Springs 30 minutes away. I only have a 1/2 acre and you on the other hand have quite a good sizeable piece of real estate there. Me and my Wife along with our oldest Daughter are getting tired of what California and all of its never ending Taxes that keep coming up in what they are doing to peoples wallets (shrinkage wise), kinda sucks when all you do is support the government and don't get any thing back in return. The move is starting to become a reality more and more each day. Watch out Bill you know my wife was born in Tucson, that just might be a consideration one day.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:27 AM   #6
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road

Now that your new California gas tax has gone in to effect, what are you paying for a gallon of gas in California? I gassed up Monday for 2.25.
Az Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #7
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Geezer View Post
Now that your new California gas tax has gone in to effect, what are you paying for a gallon of gas in California? I gassed up Monday for 2.25.
I have used Chevron gas since the early 80's. Now we are re thinking that since to date gas is $3.59.9 for regular. Most of the cheaper stations have regular at around $2.89.9., so for now the gas seams to still be creeping up in increments of $.o5. Governor Brown was No Good for Calif in the past and he is still living up to what he was back then. We have been paying tax's on gas all the time don't know why what was already collected wasn't enough, I haven't see any new road improvements other than some freeway overpass bridges being torn down and re constructed but those were "Already In The Works" before he was re-elected.

I guess making Marijuana legal in Calif (still outlawed for Federal) and getting tax money off of that isn't enough would have thought that as many pot smokers Oh I am sorry Medical Marijuana Patience users as there is would have built up the Reserve quite well by now. With all of the newly Sanctuary City's popping up these days I guess Calif needs all the money it can get to give out to all of the Illegal Aliens living off of what we give them in Free Bees.

Your $2.25 a gallon is looking better and better each day