Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Tech Board {CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL GROUPS WITH CURRENT THREADS} > Vendor Reviews

Old 11-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:
pxwolvie is on a distinguished road
Classic Industries

Has anyone ordered any parts from Classicindustries, I found a set of door panels from there that are fare in price, was wondering if someone has and if the parts fit to specs. and what cutomer service is like. I have heard more bad things about LMC than good, the price is 60 bucks cheaper then LMC for the same part. As far as bone yard parts they are hard to find in good condition, if any at all here anyway. I know I can interchange with many different panels, but I want to keep the 83 look, passanger side is a lot worst the drivers side but both are now becoming brittle to the touch...

any insight would be helpful.
pxwolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Classic Industries

I get a lot of stuff From LMC and had no problems.

Classic is ok, I haven't ordered a lot from the but haven't had any problems..

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road

I've looked at Classic Industries to make an order, then compared the same list with LMC. I went with LMC for price, recommendations by friends, and I like their web page. As for customer service, I've used their tech. support as well as customer support when I ordered a handful of wrong parts. I just re-read my post, and I really didn't answer any part of your question. Sorry man, I've just had great experiences with LMC for my '72 and the S-10. Later.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

That works, LMC didn't carry the things I need, the ghosted image is there, wells thats why we shop around, thanks guys.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Hey Alex, sometimes you can order black plastic for a few buck less than painted pieces. On my A-arm gauge column, it came black and I ordered the dark red paint in a can. It turned out perfect. No one believes I sprayed it. Just an ideeer. Later.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Old 11-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Hey, I just thought of something. If you remove the door panels, would you please
snap a few photos of the process? I have door from an '89 and '87, manual and electric, and both doors are missing some small clips and screws for the inside handles and locks. Thanks man.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

One thing I have found between the two is Prices.. I look up each item seperately on each place, I've found many times that even with shipping cost it pays to buy part order from one house and the other part from the other and saved money....

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
Old 11-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #8
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Will do, in fact I'll let you know when I'm doing it so you can tell what you are looking for, I have 3 side jobs lined up here in the next couple of weeks, so I will also be replacing the inner and outer window seals, hopefully I can get them around the same time to do them all in one shot, if not might be doing it twice.
Bagged I think that is the way i'm going to end up ordering these parts, form both to save some money.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:01 AM   #9
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

One thing I have found between the two is Prices.. I look up each item seperately on each place, I've found many times that even with shipping cost it pays to buy part order from one house and the other part from the other and saved money....

“Wow what a ride”
Old 12-01-2010, 05:53 AM   #10
70 Jalopy
Up And Coming Member

70 Jalopy is on a distinguished road

What about dying them? I saw something on TV where they did an old car & it turned out good. The dash was cracked & they fixed that too.
Sounds cost effective.
70 Jalopy is offline   Reply With Quote