Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Tech Board {CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL GROUPS WITH CURRENT THREADS} > Vendor Reviews

Old 03-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Chassistech (BAGIT.COM)

Chassistech (bagit.com)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, wanting to save $100.00, was going to order their Digital read out for bags. $179.00 for the digital readout, mounting bracket, 4 rocker switches and -5- sending units.. Dakota Digital has this set up but more money.

Pretty good price..

I Emailed the company "Joe" himself, Asking if I could purchase the unit minus the Mounting bracket and rocker switches plus Could I get the mounting dimensions for the digital readout. I received an answer Yes it can be broken up and I'll get with you on the measurements.

In between somehow I got on Joes (I assume) inner office email list? I got emails from Joe to his staff, with discussions on my Question. I brought this to Joe's attention and he apologized but still no answer on my questions.

3 days have come and went so I emailed joe again,

This is the email I sent him.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Sent: 2010-03-10 12:31
To: Joe M
Subject: Re: Travis, pls give me the dimensions of the digital gauge for database and email cust

Hey Joe,

Don't mean to be a jerk but if I can't get an answer on a price how can I expect customer service??

Can I get a price on this? I'm looking at the Dakota digital also..

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Ron WOODGEARD <ron.woodgeard@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks,

I'll be waiting..

Ron
__________________________________________________ ______________
This is his response:

Ron,

This product is online, and the price is on line. Please advise me how I got you upset. I see no trail of you asking for a price. Also, I would bet you that no one else would respond to your emails the way we do, so please be kind and point out specifically what I did to upset you.

The Link: http://www.airbagit.com/v/vspfiles/p...ital_PAGE.html

__________________________________________________ _______________

So as you see I upset Joe, "Kinda meant to wanted to get his attention" But still no dimensions or price breakdown..

Guess he's too busy to worry about a couple of hundred dollar sale....

As a previous business owner (retired now) I wouldn't have been upset, I would have seen we dropped the ball somewhere and did what I could for a future and hopefully lifetime customer..

Ron

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”

Last edited by BAGGED70C-10; 03-10-2010 at 04:44 PM.
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
VA70C10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
VA70C10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Chassistech (BAGIT.COM)

I really don't understand how some business stay in business....
VA70C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
VA70C10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

I'd send him a copy of all the old emails you sent, his responses, the inner office emails, etc....

and then wait for his response. if he apologizes and offers a discount or something to that effect maybe....but if he has an attitude or no response, I'd email him back with a copy of the two threads you posted...

Probably, if he got back to me but didn't apologize or offer a discount, I'd thank him for wasting my time and let him know I now wasted his and will be taking my business elsewhere with a copy of these threads also ;)
Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

**** it's scary.. we think alike..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA70C10 View Post
I'd send him a copy of all the old emails you sent, his responses, the inner office emails, etc....

and then wait for his response. if he apologizes and offers a discount or something to that effect maybe....but if he has an attitude or no response, I'd email him back with a copy of the two threads you posted...

Probably, if he got back to me but didn't apologize or offer a discount, I'd thank him for wasting my time and let him know I now wasted his and will be taking my business elsewhere with a copy of these threads also ;)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
Old 03-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem with a pump company who made the pump on my water trailer. I e-mailed them a week ago Tuesday, and got a response with in the hour about what parts I need to fix a leak. The e-mail gave me two phone numbers to call. I called both on Wednesday to order parts, got message to leave a message and they would call back. On Friday, I e-mailed saying no one had called back to take my order. Still nothing.........wonder how they stay in business? Great customer service, huh?
Az Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road

Maybe his lack of concern for your satisfaction is his own personal weakness, and not the company philosophy. I hope he doesn't reflect the heart of the business.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago5 View Post
Maybe his lack of concern for your satisfaction is his own personal weakness, and not the company philosophy. I hope he doesn't reflect the heart of the business.
But of couse he does.. Any person we talk to or type to "is" the company to us at that time. and to my understanding, Joe is the owner????

“Wow what a ride”
Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #8
Barn Owl
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Barn Owl is on a distinguished road

I'd spend the $100 for customer service elsewhere.
Just my .02

Do not let other peoples opinion of you define who you are.

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Owl View Post
I'd spend the $100 for customer service elsewhere.
Just my .02
There's no doubt about that!!! It'd be money well spent.

“Wow what a ride”
Old 03-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
VA70C10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Did you notice the comments about the Autoloc setup on the other board? Seems there are issues with that too....