Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > General Discussion Board / Events And Activities > General Discussion-Off-topic Chat > Computer Q&A

Computer Q&A Ask Your Computer Questions Here

Old 03-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Using Photobucket

OK guys, This is going to be an attempt at helping everyone post pictures from a web based photo storage gallery.

EDIT: My bud Bill (Busterwivell) emailed me today and said he was still having a problem with Photobucket! I told him to call me and besides getting his first photobucket picture posted we had a great conversation..

Here's what we found was the problem. After you sign up to Photobucket and sign in it takes you to a different page than you need,(really stupid) Go to the very bottom of that page and you will see what seems to be another sign up button! click on it and your photobucket home page will appear, That's where you'll find the "upload" area.... When you get to it save that page into your "Favorites" or "Bookmarks" whichever one you use.. Any other problems as I said before "Please" post it here or PM or E-mail me we will get it worked out.

First of all you need to download a web based gallery. One thing nice about keeping your pictures on the web is you'll never loose them, I have lost two harddrives in the last ten years, in turn I lost some pictures that were important to the family of the family. Some grandkids pictures that can never be replaced.

OK, Download the site you think you'll like. I recommend www.photobucket.com I have used others but they have given me problems of some sort or the other.

Once the site is downloaded sign in.

Just a bit of information; When you bring something "INTO" your computer, it's a "download" when you send something “ FROM’ your computer it's an "Upload". (load from your computer to somewhere)

here is my Photobucket page. I have made separate "folders" for different pictures. You can do the same or just load everything to one page. Check mine out before you go any further to give you an idea of what we're doing.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v396/BGBYTOY/

Once you have your page opened and you are signed in, scroll down some and on the right hand side of the page you'll find the download pics box. I prefer the old downloader, You’ll find it there also.

When you click on it, it will open a box with three open lines in it and at the end of the lines will be “BROWSE” click on this and it will open the Pictures part of your computer. I keep all of my pictures on my computer in “Folders” also. When the picture part of your computer opens you will see your pictures, If not look at the top of the box that just opened and it will tell you where you’re at. If you need to find your pictures just click on the down arrow at the end of the box. You will see a drop down itemized section which you can find my pictures in click on it and it will bring the my pictures into view. Now pick the picture you want to upload to Photobucket, Usually it will automatically bring the pic to the upload box. There, where the box was empty it will say "click here to add title". You can add a title to the picture you are going to upload or you can just forget it and upload it the way it is, you will have at anytime the option to change the name of your picture. Now if you went the route of “old Uploader” as I do. You will have two other boxes that you can click and upload pictures to. For now we are just going to upload the one... Go to the bottom of those three lines and you will see a “Upload” button, click it and wait for the rest. You should see your picture you wanted come into photobucket..

Now to take/bring that picture to our web site there’s a couple of ways with photobucket. The easiest is what I’ll cover here. Place your curser on the picture, a “Drop down” box will appear. Click on the option that says “IMG Code” click on it. you will either see a note that appears that says “copied” or the line (photobucket web address) will be highlighted if you seen the Copied, your set to go, if not right click on the address window while it's highlighted, in a drop down box there will appear “copy” left click on that and now you’re ready to go. Open a browser, easiest is a seperate one from the browser you’re using for photobucket (Tabbed browsers come in handy here. I usually have both photobucket and the site you want to post the photo opened already) Internet explorer 7 and 8 have tabbed browsing along with Netscape. I believe Firefox does also.? Now go to the post you want to show your photo on and wherever you want to put the picture “Right click” another drop down box will have the option to “Paste”. Click it and the web address of the picture will appear to you. Do whatever typing you’re going to do and instead of hitting Post, hit “preview post” this will tell you if we’re on the right track or not..

To post a picture from another source takes a different approach and if you would like me to cover that we can, just let me know.

Good luck and if it doesn’t work PM or Email me and we’ll see where I messed the directions up at...

This is similar to what you should see.. LOL

Bagged

PS; In the above directions I said to Open another window, You don't "Have" to do this, Once you have "Copied" something that same address will stay with the paste option until you either put something else in the Copied, or you turn the computer off.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”

Last edited by BAGGED70C-10; 03-16-2009 at 09:47 PM.
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:46 AM   #2
Dubliner
Respected Member

My Mood:
Dubliner is on a distinguished road
Re: Using Photobucket

Thank you.

If you love something set it free, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it does not, it never was.

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"...Carl Sagan
Dubliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubliner View Post
Thank you.
You're welcome! Please let me know how the instructions works.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
Old 03-17-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
Dubliner
Respected Member

My Mood:

The instructions worked great, only question is how to post a large pic and not a thumbnail version.

If you love something set it free, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it does not, it never was.

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"...Carl Sagan
Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Quote:
The instructions worked great, only question is how to post a large pic and not a thumbnail version.
Thanks for letting me knoiw the instructions got you there!

Photobucket wants us to pay for the upgraded version so they have limited us to certain things."This is a new thing."

When you are at the uploader box Photobucket wants you to upload at 800 X 600, you will see a spot that tells you 800 X600 MAX. there is also an "Options" click on it and go the 1024 X 768.

That will get you this size.

“Wow what a ride”
Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Sport/Truck
Respected Member

My Mood:
Sport/Truck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGED70C-10 View Post
Thanks for letting me knoiw the instructions got you there!

Photobucket wants us to pay for the upgraded version so they have limited us to certain things."This is a new thing."

When you are at the uploader box Photobucket wants you to upload at 800 X 600, you will see a spot that tells you 800 X600 MAX. there is also an "Options" click on it and go the 1024 X 768.

That will get you this size.
I know why that power steering pump is setting on a place mat. Thats because dinner is being served on it! So clean you can eat off it!

s/t

I wanted my Tarantulas to get a look at it too....
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, 383 stroker - original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads, 350 Trans all (matching #'s) , SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers w/ trickflow push rods. Spin Tech pro street mufflers with stainless steel 2.5 mandrel pipe with X pipe.

Last edited by BAGGED70C-10; 03-17-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
Dubliner
Respected Member

My Mood:

Testing pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture017.jpg (58.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Picture005.jpg (143.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Dubliner; 03-18-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Quote:
Testing pic
Those came from this site, Are you having a problem with photobucket?

“Wow what a ride”
Old 03-19-2009, 05:22 AM   #9
Dubliner
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGED70C-10 View Post
Those came from this site, Are you having a problem with photobucket?
I purchased photbucket pro , my version of photobucket defaults to the 1024 X 768, however all I get is thumbnails when I download, maybe it's because I am on dial-up??

Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #10
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:

Those two photos you posted above are here on this board's photo gallery..

Right click on the Photo and a drop down will appear, Go to the bottom of it and click on "Properties" A box will open showing you the address of where the Photo's home is.. Those two show this boards photo address..

When you go to photobucket your pictures will first show in the smaller version, Left click and a larger one of the same photo will appear. That's the one you want to Copy the address to. If you copy the address to the small one, that's the one that will show here.

“Wow what a ride”