Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Tech Board {CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL GROUPS WITH CURRENT THREADS} > Vendor Reviews

Old 01-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
POL, Bad Guys

This is all about Performance OnLine's Staff and there Return policy.

Ok here we go, I bought a Trailer Hidden Hitch Receiver #HTH6772 back on 10/10/2017 received it in 2 days, by 10/18/2017 is when I had a problem with the fitment. I called the company and was directed there internet dept. person (Arron) to see what was going on with it. I gave him my questions on its fitments instruction diagram being my concern this product is for a short bed truck and not for a long bed truck like mine. He listened to me and then ask for some pictures showing what my concerns were directed towards the hitch were. I said I'll send some to him in a email to the Companies Email system. I first sent 3, that wasn't enough for him to make a discession on so I sent him what angles he was looking for 2 more, again not good enough then sent 3 more, not good enough then I was ask what vehicle was it to be installed on I replyed my 68 C10 Fleetside coil springs truck like your add states this hitch is for use on. The add doesn't say anything about the fitment working on SWB trucks or LWB trucks but it does say its good for any Stepside or Fleetside truck. And again I sent another 10 pictures this time with 2 pictures of the VIN on the door frame and the frame itself, again not good enough so 2 more pictures of where the Factory holes are on the rear frame rails showing the Factory holes and the holes that were drilled for the mounting of it. Mind you the Instructions say that there is a hole that will line up with one of the three holes to temporarily hold it in till the other two holes are drilled. My pictures showed they didn't lineup with what the directions said they will or would. Time passes by 1 month and I call back and was told by (Arron) he now can see that the directions don't match for a long wheel base truck and would have to run it by the management first. 2 weeks go by and I had to call back and was told by (Arron) if the company didn't issue a Return Pre Paid Label for return He would do so out of his own pocket and send it to my Email,I said ok. 1 week later I called back to ask (Arron) (which went to his voice mail) where's the pre paid return label? No answer so far from him (Arron). Now on 1/12/2018 I called and ask for the manager (Brandon)and he looked into it and told me he would be sending out a Pre Paid Return Label by the end of the day, I said ok. By 1/16/2018 no Email from him (Brandon). At this time they haven't been very cooperative for me.

Here is the "Kicker" people, this is from there Performance Return Policy stating these words """ Our special care AFTER the sale is how we define great customer service""" wow is that a mouth full of CRAP.

At this time I am thinking this would be great to see how many others that have been treated in the same way I have been treated and voice there opinions or stories on POL's return policy and customer service. Please give me/us your opinion, please.

Thanks for the people/members that read my Loooong Wiiinnnded story, Marvin

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
mjgord51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:19 PM   #2
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:
Re: POL, Bad Guys

Come on People don't be shy speak right up, give us the Dirt on them.

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
Old 01-17-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Marvin, This is exactly why I don't buy from any company "Online" unless they take PayPal. You have solid recourse through them.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:26 PM   #4
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGED70C-10 View Post
Marvin, This is exactly why I don't buy from any company "Online" unless they take PayPal. You have solid recourse through them.
Yeah your right for using PayPal for any recourse if needed. I on the other hand don't like having to pay an Extra fee just for the use of it or for protection purposes. I use my Credit Card and if I need to dispute anything I sick them on the other Bad Guy for Free. too each his or her own LOL, marvin

Last edited by mjgord51; 01-18-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #5
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

UPDATE Folks, Finally after three month going back and forth they sent me a pre paid return label. I guess by me rattling there cages enough I must have got the attention of there "Senior Operations Manager person involved or at least got his attention. My Bank "Chase" at the start of this credited my account right from the start but in the end if they (POL) had disputed it with enough evidence against me my Bank would have to take that into consideration and the possibility they would have to reverse the credit.

In the end I found out that POL had already accepted the part was Not for a long bed as mine is and told me that the paper work "must have gotten lost somewhere in the shuffle", my thoughts are they didn't do enough R n D in the first place on the hidden hitch.

The Senior Operations Person & my self had a nice conversion about the hitch being not well looked into in the first place and that it was going to change things around there business in them doing much more in researching products in the future. He also said I would be the first person to be contacted when the hidden hitch was re engineered to fit the long beds. Who knows I just might get one for free, not holding my breath on that. Marvin

Old 02-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #6
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Another update, I just today went online to lookup what was told to me that the online add for the hidden hitch would be reworded to affect the changes they said would be done so others would be more informed on what they are buying.

Guess what folks the add STILL SAYS THE SAME THING IT READ FOR ME BACK WHEN I ORIGINALLY BOUGHT IT ON 10/10/2017. No changes has happened yet to date for 4 months now. Business still remains unchanged for this hidden hitch fitment problems. They agreed with me " at least that"s the smoke they are blowing up my a $ $" that it looks like the hitch is Only for the short bed trucks and isn't well designed for the long bed trucks.

Yes I did get my money back ( that came from my Bank right away) but it took almost 3 1/2 months for them to issue a return merchandise pre paid shipping label. This will have an impact on any future orders from them