Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Trucks 1947-Current Years > 1967-72 Chevy/GMC

Old 09-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #1
1970gold

My Mood:
1970gold is on a distinguished road
1969 c10 power steering conversation

Will the frame take the power steering unit without modifications? Are the mounting holes aleady in the frame? I know the pitman arm and rag joint are not the same. Any other parts I need to swap?
1970gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:39 AM   #2
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1969 c10 power steering conversation

I got my complete conversion from another 70, I just replaced what was worn out.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:32 AM   #3
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1969 c10 power steering conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970gold View Post
Will the frame take the power steering unit without modifications? Are the mounting holes aleady in the frame? I know the pitman arm and rag joint are not the same. Any other parts I need to swap?
We are talking about a 69 Truck right? Yes the frame will hold up just fine, and yes all the holes (4) for mounting the pow strg gear box are there and no you don't need to modify the frame any, the manuel box mounts with 3 bolts & the power boxs have 4 bolts for mounting. Only a 67 Manuel Strg box Truck needs the frame Dimpled a little for some clearance for a pow strg gear box, 67 frame is different from the 68-72 frames. The pitman arm is different from one another (manuel vs power). And you will need the right fan belt pulleys for the water pump (short wp or tall wp matters), If using AC then a double wp pulley is needed at the wp, crank pulley system will probably end up with a 3 belt pulley system. Some times all of what you are trying to accomplish with the pulleys will also be different because of the mounting bracket for the pow strg pump that is being used as it too is different, two kinds of brackets for two different styles of pumps. One of the pow strg pump brackets are stamped metal and the other is a Cast piece of metal. Finding the right combination is a trial in air process in finding the right pulleys to match with a short wp or a tall wp. Have Fun

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
mjgord51 is offline   Reply With Quote