Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Trucks 1947-Current Years > 1946 And Older Chevy/GMC Trucks > 1960-66 Chevy/GMC

Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #21
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1960 GMC Build

Huge cat. Where in CO are you located? One of my brother's is in Gunnison. Where was this cat taken? Did you see the pics in my photo album of the one my father-in-law shot? Amazing animals.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #22
Lakeroadster
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Lakeroadster is on a distinguished road

I was told it was taken near Nederland, Colorado.

Last edited by Lakeroadster; 01-29-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #23
Markeb01
Respected Member
Posting Expert

Markeb01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGED70C-10 View Post
In your travels up outside of Athol, did you ever get to meet a guy named Ozzie Wiggs? He was in Post Falls.

You must have been near that little zoo up there..(Around the little Airport if I remember right) were you around there when the Lion got out and was laying in the Road? That Lion used to belong to my Broter-in-law.. I had him more then he did though.. used to take him around to grade schools and park festivities.
Don’t remember meeting Ozzie, but then Post Falls was about 30 miles south of us and I spent most of my time at work or savoring 9 acres of privacy! My wife mentioned going by the zoo a few times when she was an EMT. She drove the ambulance near there several times and her partners filled her in with some of the history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeroadster View Post

Butch's Rod Shop? Was that a local place Mark or the one that used to be in Dayton Ohio? I bought the front suspension for my Model A from Butch's Rod Shop.
That’s the place. They were great to deal with and it was disappointing when they closed the doors. They are back again under a new name as explained in the following link:

http://www.butchscoolstuff.com/about.htm
Markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #24
Lakeroadster
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Lakeroadster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeb01 View Post
That’s the place. They were great to deal with and it was disappointing when they closed the doors. They are back again under a new name as explained in the following link: http://www.butchscoolstuff.com/about.htm
That's pretty darn interesting and proof of what a small world we truly live in. I used to live near Moraine Ohio, where Butch's shop was. Me and my buddy's used to go there at lunch time sometimes. Neat shop and Butch is a great guy.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #25
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road

I know it's off topic, but can you find out how much the cat weighed? Thanks man.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #26
Markeb01
Respected Member
Posting Expert

Here are a few updates since my last post. I switched to a 1971 overhead gas pedal which is a smooth as glass and a great improvement. The deluxe pedal pads and trim fit on the stock clutch and brake pedals with no modifications:

Next up was one of those MIP (Molded Industrial Polyvinyl) floor mats. Being very thick and hard to work it was a back breaking nightmare getting it in, but turned out nice. It also covers the entire floor and much more of the firewall than the OEM version:

And the latest project – a 1955 Buick floating grille bar to replace the factory GMC letters:

Old 08-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #27
ROYO
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
ROYO is on a distinguished road

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Support The Board Here
ROYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #28
Rich 5150 69
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Rich 5150 69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeroadster View Post
That's pretty darn interesting and proof of what a small world we truly live in. I used to live near Moraine Ohio, where Butch's shop was. Me and my buddy's used to go there at lunch time sometimes. Neat shop and Butch is a great guy.
Definately a small world...Butch`s dropped axle axle kit.....1983,, I think that I purchased it from him, car was never finished, a guy driving by one day stopped and made me an offer I couldn`t refuse, all that was left was paint and interior.
Rich 5150 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #29
Markeb01
Respected Member
Posting Expert

I recently installed wide 1960-61 windshield trim and stainless wipers. Next up will be adding a chrome lock bead to the rear window.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #30
Rich 5150 69
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Rich 5150 69 is on a distinguished road

Do you have to install with window out...?
Rich 5150 69 is offline   Reply With Quote