Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Cars > Car Q&A > Corvette's

Old 10-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:
pxwolvie is on a distinguished road
1963 Corvette

These are some pictures of my father in laws Vette, Larry Teter, im trying to get all the info correct as I post them up. Originally the car was bought to play around on the track after he got out of racing, and opened up the machine shop in Elgin Il. Im still trying to get the pictures of the Vicki all togther they look much better in color,but here we go.

I do have pictures of the Impala "Rolling Stoned", on a disk that the owner sent us, and all the work done on that one too.

pxwolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
Az Geezer
Respected Member

My Mood:
Az Geezer is on a distinguished road
Re: 1963 Corvette

Ah, back in the day..............
Az Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road

Alex, that was about the coolest trip to "back in the day" I've been on. Dude, not only is this car magnificent, but the back ground in some of the pics is awesome. I admit, my heathen eyes drifted to the blond in the white pants on the first pic. But that '68 Chevy with the pull camper...

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
Ah, back in the day..............
Yea, I guess!! All to cool......

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Here are a few of the last older ones, the first one was at the Rockford Dragway back in the early seventies with LT horking the wheels up

Though you guys would like the flat bed also,these pics kinda show the ghost flames a little better on the vette...

Taking the car back to the old shop in South Elgin

Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
ROYO
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
ROYO is on a distinguished road

Where is the car now?

Support The Board Here
ROYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYO View Post
Where is the car now?
Working up to that
what you to see where it started and where it ended up,the next set are the tear down on the move to coming down here from up north.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
Chicago5
Respected Member
B.E.

Chicago5 is on a distinguished road

I was looking at 1/24 scale die cast cars and trucks. (Actually, I look at them way too much). I swear this Corvette is in there. It doesn't say "Teter" on the doors, but it's set up the same.

Traumatic Brain Injury; It's the last thing on your mind until it's the only thing.

"Make friends with pain, and you will never be alone". Ken Chlouber. Colorado miner and creator of the Leadville Trail 100
Chicago5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
ROYO
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
ROYO is on a distinguished road

Any updates on this TTT

Support The Board Here
ROYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #10
pxwolvie
Coordinator

My Mood:

Ok from these last pictures it has been 23 years later, 2 locations (Grove then LaFox) 1 ex-wife and an apprentice turned bacK stabber ( I can't write down what my wife wants me to say, this is a family forum ), Larry settled down in Algonquin Ill. The Vette was taken out every once in a while to let everyone know that he still had it. Every track he went to he was definetly a crowd pleaser, it would make you swell up with pride when you could see the reaction from ppl. that would stand up clap and cheer him on. In the next pictures, it was decided it was time to retire, so with the short time left it was time to strip her down and get as much done at the shop as possible. After stripping all the paint, pulling all the interior out, it was time to pull the body off to upate the frame, suspension, drivetrain, exhaust and detune the engine.
With the body off the first thing that was changed was the trans. the M-20 Close ratio was pulled and a turbo 400 was put into place, he was thinking ahead with a bad knee bugging him then, he wanted to cruise without any issues. Having to reloacte the trans. mount, he also set up the crossmember for the 3 inch duals going to the rear bumper...

Now here is something you might not have seen before, Larry set up a four link to a Dana 60 with adjustable coil pads...