Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Tech Board {CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL GROUPS WITH CURRENT THREADS} > Engine & Drivetrain

Old 01-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #11
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Re: Another 700R4/4L60 lockup ?'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Owl View Post
Yeah I am still alive, although I have mostly finished my truck and am crazy busy with my work so I do not get much time to post. Especially since Photo Bucket, in a very fascist way, is holding everyones photos ransom and any post that requires photos is now expensive to upload.

There are ways to test the lock up solenoid by applying 12v to the connection plug on the drivers side of the tranny. I got my lock up kit from Bowtie Overdrives. Mine is the brake switch type but there are other types that work off of oil pressure.
The brake switch type is a very simple connection and it is easy to route.
Like this one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Complete kit.jpg (115.5 KB, 9 views)

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
mjgord51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #12
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Since all of my photos of the truck are hijacked here is a direct upload image of it just this year near Kings Canyon. The new LS motor gets around 20 MPG highway
Mike you got a Good Looking Truck there, One question about your license plate numbers & letter sequence? I thought that the black plates start from 1963 up to 1967 with the letter first and then the numbers and 1967 up starts with two numbers, three numbers, letter like mine?

PS, good gas mileage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68 plate pu 001.jpg (100.5 KB, 9 views)

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
Old 01-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #13
Barn Owl
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Barn Owl is on a distinguished road

Yes that is the Bowtie switch I got. It works great. Make sure the PO did not already have one before you buy another. Most of the time if you go through the effort to swap a 700r4 into your truck a TC lock is generally part of the swap.

Do not let other peoples opinion of you define who you are.

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #14
Barn Owl
Respected Member
Posting Expert

My Mood:
Barn Owl is on a distinguished road

As far as the license plate is concerned you are probably correct on the letter number combinations but I had a hard time finding the post 67 year combo. some were already restored and cost way more than I was willing to spend. I spent 50 bucks for the pair and was guaranteed it was DMV clear. I used a razor knife and was able to remove the previous years stickers to get to the 69 year sticker I needed. This is one of the YOM requirements by the DMV. You can purchase a YOM sticker on eBay.

My plate were not original to the truck. The first owner had a campershell on it an got auto blue and yellow plates

Do not let other peoples opinion of you define who you are.

"When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm?" Jack Johnson; Banana pancakes
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:31 PM   #15
mjgord51
Respected Member

My Mood:

Quote:
Yes that is the Bowtie switch I got. It works great. Make sure the PO did not already have one before you buy another. Most of the time if you go through the effort to swap a 700r4 into your truck a TC lock is generally part of the swap.
Quote:
As far as the license plate is concerned you are probably correct on the letter number combinations but I had a hard time finding the post 67 year combo. some were already restored and cost way more than I was willing to spend. I spent 50 bucks for the pair and was guaranteed it was DMV clear. I used a razor knife and was able to remove the previous years stickers to get to the 69 year sticker I needed. This is one of the YOM requirements by the DMV. You can purchase a YOM sticker on eBay.

My plate were not original to the truck. The first owner had a campershell on it an got auto blue and yellow plates
I heard/read you can test the solenoid to hear it click by jumping one of the pins on the TCC not sure if that is correct or not? I will probably change the trans filter and will be able at that time too see inside for any added internal wiring harness.

I remember way back early 70's and having a set of plates re-transferred to another vehicle with only about a few bucks. The YOM deal in my eye is a SCAM being they (DMV) knows you want the correct plates for your usually restored car or truck so its a no brainier for them to Rake you over the coals for an Extra $50 plus the yearly fees you already have to pay.

I actually ask a CHP officer if ever pulled over would he/she know the vehicle was/had a YOM license plate if I was to put the currant years sticker over the other YOM sticker showing it too look just like any other plate does would that be alright by him/her - - Wait For It, Wait For It He told me that he would not know any difference and would think it was just like any other plate of its kind. He also told me the DMV is the only ones that would know that you have a YOM sticker year of the vehicle and a currant year sticker on your plate. These two pictures show what I dot want to see on the back of my Truck, not my cup of tea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg YOM plate.jpeg (9.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg LicencePlate & YOM tab.JPG (41.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by mjgord51; 01-06-2018 at 10:53 PM.