Go Back   ChevyXtreme Classic Chevrolet Enthusiast Forum & Web Link Directory > Chevrolet Tech Board {CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL GROUPS WITH CURRENT THREADS} > Electrical

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
Woogeroo
Up And Coming Member
 
Woogeroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 57
My Mood:
Woogeroo is on a distinguished road
Question 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

1965 Chevrolet C10 lwb/long bed step side

my C10 still has the original style fuse panel with the glass bulb fuses.

The fuse on the heater blower circuit, sometimes it wiggles just enough after I hit a bump or something and it breaks contact, the heater blower turns off.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this issue or something similar.

I am curious if there are any safe fixes some of you have come up with?

Thanks.

-Woog
Woogeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
mjgord51
Respected Member

 
mjgord51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 186
My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogeroo View Post
1965 Chevrolet C10 lwb/long bed step side

my C10 still has the original style fuse panel with the glass bulb fuses.

The fuse on the heater blower circuit, sometimes it wiggles just enough after I hit a bump or something and it breaks contact, the heater blower turns off.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this issue or something similar.

I am curious if there are any safe fixes some of you have come up with?

Thanks.

-Woog

The best way for your fix would be buying a factory style under dash wiring harness like the one from Brothers # UH02200 @ $260. There's a way you can replace the fuse tongs one at a time if you want but that still has you taking the harness out so at that point you might as well make it all new again. just my .02
__________________
A. Resting up on Mon-Fri from Sat & Sun

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
mjgord51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert
 
BAGGED70C-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,869
My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

Good suggestion Marvin,

Now that they are making just sections of a wiring loom you can update or repair any sections needed. I already purchased a new wiring harness for when I can get back on my truck.
__________________
70-Truck site: http://www.wix.com/19681972chevytruck/bgbytoy-creation

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #4
Lakeroadster
Respected Member
Posting Expert
 
Lakeroadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,780
My Mood:
Lakeroadster is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

Woog...

You could put an in line fuse in the wire going to the heater motor... then place a a bolt in the fuse box in place of the fuse.

The bolt would be a hair larger than the std fuse size... and thus not wiggle. Don't use a 22 shell though... Read this.... Two local men injured in freak truck accident

____
John
__________________
Kickin' It "Old School" From The High Plains of Colorado
If you can't stand behind our troops, perhaps you should stand in front of them!
Lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:44 PM   #5
mjgord51
Respected Member

 
mjgord51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 186
My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGED70C-10 View Post
Good suggestion Marvin,

Now that they are making just sections of a wiring loom you can update or repair any sections needed. I already purchased a new wiring harness for when I can get back on my truck.
Actually you could give M&H Wiring Harness a call and tell them you only want the Fuse Block Only from them. That is a P I T A$$ to do though but it can be done if you are on the "cheep" side of the coin.
__________________
A. Resting up on Mon-Fri from Sat & Sun

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
mjgord51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #6
mjgord51
Respected Member

 
mjgord51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 186
My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeroadster View Post
Woog...

You could put an in line fuse in the wire going to the heater motor... then place a a bolt in the fuse box in place of the fuse.

The bolt would be a hair larger than the std fuse size... and thus not wiggle. Don't use a 22 shell though... Read this.... Two local men injured in freak truck accident

____
John
Kinds Dumb! I would have at least removed top of bullet and its contents, or using an old trick of mine and using the foil wrappings of a stick of gum.
__________________
A. Resting up on Mon-Fri from Sat & Sun

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
mjgord51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #7
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert
 
BAGGED70C-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,869
My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgord51 View Post
Kinds Dumb! I would have at least removed top of bullet and its contents, or using an old trick of mine and using the foil wrappings of a stick of gum.
LOL, Gum wrappers have been around a long time always a quick fix.
__________________
70-Truck site: http://www.wix.com/19681972chevytruck/bgbytoy-creation

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #8
mjgord51
Respected Member

 
mjgord51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 186
My Mood:
mjgord51 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGED70C-10 View Post
LOL, Gum wrappers have been around a long time always a quick fix.
Yeah only thing with that is I just realized that These days wrappers probably made of "Plastic" like most every thing else is.
__________________
A. Resting up on Mon-Fri from Sat & Sun

B. Swallow Pride and get Answers Needed

C. My definition for a Retired Person is-If I want, When I want, and If at all I want
mjgord51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #9
Lakeroadster
Respected Member
Posting Expert
 
Lakeroadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,780
My Mood:
Lakeroadster is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgord51 View Post
Yeah only thing with that is I just realized that These days wrappers probably made of "Plastic" like most every thing else is.
The foil also has paper backing nowadays.. the makings of an igniter
Lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #10
BAGGED70C-10
Respected Member
Posting Expert
 
BAGGED70C-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,869
My Mood:
BAGGED70C-10 is on a distinguished road
Re: 1965 C10 - fuse wiggles breaks contact

Hope this will help. they are not hard to do.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1965...1MTcYwlWAwRCM:
__________________
70-Truck site: http://www.wix.com/19681972chevytruck/bgbytoy-creation

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
“Wow what a ride”
BAGGED70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content And Images Copyright © 67-72Chevyboard.com