PDA

View Full Version : Where did all the 60-66 Chevys go?

Barn Owl
05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
I've got a couple of friends that I think would be a great part of our team and content but unfortunately there is nothing for them here. Owners early 60's trucks is a culture that is mostly untouched by this site I encourage us all to talk it up amongst those outside of our peticular intrest. I am sure going to! Mark, are there business cards (or just site cards) available so that we can give to or place on windshields? So many times when I am at a car/truck show I am inundated with information, so much so that by the time I get home information overload has pushed alot of the little things to the corners of my brain. it's the bag full of business cards and brochures that brings it to the forfront again. I see a lot of these trucks here in SoCal and would like to direct them to this site so some kind of card would be nice rather than a address scribbled on a scrape of paper. Maybe they are here and I've just missed them, I did see a thread a while back showing the proposed artwork and they looked sweet.:tongue1:

Ragenrat
05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Man I am saddened to think we have nothing to offer them. We have a section for them we just don't have any members with them. :eek:
You get'em to come over and we will entertain them. What would we need to do to clear this problem up?
Please help me make this better !!! I am all ears.

As far a business cards I send way more than this site ever even thought about making. We only have a few supporting members.

I wish we had the capitol to do a lot of things.
business cards is something I HAVE WANTED FOR SOME TIME NOW !!!
Buying them is one thing shipping them out is another.
I am willing to buy them as I need them too.
how do we work out the shipping them out and making sure they get used and not thrown away.
These are things we as a TEAM OF STAFF MEMBERS NEED TO FIGURE OUT.

Come on team lets pull together and figure these very things out.

How can we get more folk's to support the board?
How can we raise money to buy these things we need so bad?
I would love to give prizes away for winning the monthly contest. and our most active members.
We need someone to head up the site support!!!!
I can't do everything my self.:sad:

I NEED EVERYBODY HELP.

We can have a public site funds roster.
I WILL GO NOW AND SPEND ANOTHER 75.00 TO GET BUSINESS CARDS ALONG WITH THE OTHER 150.00 I'VE SPENT THIS MONTH ALONE FOR SITE UP GRADES AND DOMAIN DUES AND HOSTING SUPPORT.
PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO RAISE FUNDS TO MAKE THIS SITE GREAT :ohyes:
MARK

Barn Owl
05-06-2008, 11:05 PM
My sister is a graphic artist (a darn good one if I might add). If you send me the artwork via file attachment I can probably make them as I need them. For that matter anyone who has a good color printer and some photo paper can probably print them out as needed. I believe that there are business card programs that will maximize the printed page. Diverseify the financial load, so if we call ourselves staff, we actually take part in the nitty-gritty details of perpetuating this site. I will be a supporting member as soon as I can. Before you go spend more hard earned money on cards put this out to the rest of the staff to se what they think, because if they're on board then it could be a cost savings for you, and a faster way to get the site to go.

Ragenrat
05-06-2008, 11:14 PM
My sister is a graphic artist (a darn good one if I might add). If you send me the artwork via file attachment I can probably make them as I need them. For that matter anyone who has a good color printer and some photo paper can probably print them out as needed. I believe that there are business card programs that will maximize the printed page. Diverseify the financial load, so if we call ourselves staff, we actually take part in the nitty-gritty details of perpetuating this site. I will be a supporting member as soon as I can. Before you go spend more hard earned money on cards put this out to the rest of the staff to se what they think, because if they're on board then it could be a cost savings for you, and a faster way to get the site to go.

Sounds like a great idea. We will start having post about this kind of stuff in the staff area.
Thanks buddy I appreciate your help we will get this together very soon.
I will make a post about cards in the staff area :ohyes:
Mark
P.S. INVITE YOUR BUDDYS TO JOIN:grin:

last2wd
05-06-2008, 11:55 PM
there is a lot less of these models around here too.My favorite is the 60-61s.

the business cards would be a great Idea for the upcoming summer!The other tool for advertising is buy a board coat and wear the heck outa it:ohyes::grin:

65chevyC10
08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
here's my old beater 65 C10 shortbed inline 6 3 on the tree just turned 143000 orig miles

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/goofyfootrider63/c10001.jpg

Ragenrat
08-16-2008, 11:11 PM
SWEEEEEEEETT :grin: FOR A BEATER :ohyes:

65chevyC10
08-16-2008, 11:26 PM
some cool things about it: i'm the third owner, the formers owners each had it for 20 yrs, i have the original delivery invoice when it was delivered to Courtesy Chevrolet in Oct 1964, and I got it for FREE!!!! The previous owner tried to sell but weren't getting any takers, and were moving out of state, and asked if I needed a work truck and i was like ok.

Barn Owl
08-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Ive got a friend here in San Diego with a '63 that's Cal Trans orange. I've been trying to get him to join, great to have some of the older trucks around. Yours looks great.

72combo
08-16-2008, 11:47 PM
How about for every subscriber each year at the end of the year have a draw with all the contributors names and one(or more depending on subscriptions) person gets a free year? It's a prize with no cash outlay.
How about those plastic stickers for windshields or glass that stick on but peel off and go back on anywhere for all subscribers and they can advertise them on their truck. As long as it was not too big I would put a nice cool looking ad on mine .

72combo
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
here's my old beater 65 C10 shortbed inline 6 3 on the tree just turned 143000 orig miles

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/goofyfootrider63/c10001.jpg
Well if that is a beater then mine should have been called beaten!

Barn Owl
08-22-2008, 11:33 PM
He lives about a mile from where I work so he drove it over and showed it to me, it has great potential, very straight. After all this time there is finally someone on my side of the world.:ohyes:

72combo
08-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Fridge magnets are alway popular, we have them from places I have never heard of but every once in a while I see one there that is just what I was looking for. I do not know of cost and I know as you said we have few supporting members. Well maybe just work on the members we have that are "non supportive"