09-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Good Stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ5Fu7TYuGQ&feature=youtu.be

Lakeroadster
09-28-2013, 10:33 AM
:popworm: Ya'll obviously weren't as impressed with this as I am. :popworm:

OLD 9
09-28-2013, 02:01 PM
It was pretty cool. I think a bench grinder from harbor freight would work better for me, though. I don't have a welder or any scrap laying around.

Markeb01
09-28-2013, 08:04 PM
If he sold those I'd likely buy a set. That's the kind of stuff I like to make myself. Actually I think it could be assembled with bolts almost as easily as welding. Very handy and an excellent video presentation too.

Lakeroadster
09-28-2013, 08:33 PM
It was pretty cool. I think a bench grinder from harbor freight would work better for me, though. I don't have a welder or any scrap laying around.

A bench grinder is great, I have one too. problem is it is really limited to small parts. I have a Makita angle grinder that I purchased back in the late 1980’s. It works just as good today as it did when I bought it new. It is one of my favorite tools and the reason I bought it was a buddy of mine had one and he spoke highly of it. I did replaced the motor brushes about a year ago, and there was a local Makita repair – parts store near my home.

Harbor Freight is about the only store I will not patronize. I used to, but I came to realize nearly everything I bought from them died an early death. Most folks say “their stuff is half the price of (insert good tool name here) so I’ll just buy another Harbor Freight tool when this one craps out”. What you are doing is supporting companies that build junk tools, and putting quality tool manufacturers out of business.

I refuse to support stores like Harbor Freight. But then again I am getting long in the tooth and tend to only spend my money with companies that I feel have earned the right to have it.
Rant Over….:soapbox:

OLD 9
09-29-2013, 09:04 AM
They do sell Dewalt stuff at our Harbor freight but I know what you mean. I refuse to go to Wal Mart. Never even been inside a store.

Az Geezer
09-30-2013, 02:31 PM
That answers the problem I've had with a bench grinder.......gotta try that with some scrap I have laying around........of course, I'll get carried away, blast it all and powdercoat it, or some other such nonsense.....

Lakeroadster
09-30-2013, 07:31 PM
File that under "it's all good" Bill. I find these small, one off, tool projects to be quite satisfying. They'll be with ya through the duration and they make life a bit easier. And that is indeed "all good". :yes:

Rich 5150 69
10-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Its not a bad idea, its just that I`ve got two makita`s, one set up with a grinder wheel, one with a soft pad, and a one horse grinder on a stand, the really small stuff I use a dremel.....not to mention a 7 inch sidewinder I use maybe once everytwo years.